Friday, January 14, 2011

Home Day

Hello everyone!

Today was a relatively dull day. I went to the local supermarket to get a couple of things. It had a few differences to an Aussie supermarket, like the live seafood department and the self-serve meat section, but it was reasonably priced and popular. After shopping, I went back to the hotel and had a nap to get rid of my headache, which i now know to be a bit of dehydration. I've been drinking so much I've been feeling sloshy lol, but its obviously not enough. Talked to Mum and Dad for a little bit on Skype, then went to Chinatown and had chicken rice for lunch. After lunch I popped into another small supermarket and grabbed some veggies, and I saw these gigantic Pocky sticks called Chocky. Take a look:

Look at the size of it!

I can't believe its not Pocky!

Andrew tasting Chocky

Came back to the hotel, told the concierge my stove wasn't working, got said stove fixed, then started making dinner. I made a deconstructed hash brown with chilli char-siu chicken. Tomorrow night its pork pasta! We had a Chocky each for dessert, then sat back to watch the anime channel. We saw a great Victorian Era style anime called "Black Butler", which Andrew and I have decided to keep watching every Friday night.

I'm just about to hit the hay, goodnight everyone!
Mandi

1 comment:

  1. mmmmmm, Chocky! Looks yummy. what is this "Black Butler"? sounds good.

    ReplyDelete