Monday, January 24, 2011

Sore Feet.....

Hey everyone!

Its been a pretty good week. Thursday afternoon I went looking for scrapbooking shops. Found a couple, but they haven't got any of the supplies that I use. I may have to get them online. And I saw that "Made with Love" didn't have a coffee shop! Bad info from the internet! I had a good look around Plaza Singapura, found another bookshop, then headed back to look at the clothing shop. I couldn't find the shop! I walked up to Andrew's work and decided to wait for him and the iPad. I'd been there for about 5-10min when I got a message from Andrew saying he went to Sim Lim with the guys from work! Argh! So I walked back down to where I thought the shop was, still couldn't find it! I rang up Andrew and got him to check the address. Got the address, found the shop, went into the shop, only to be told that all the clothes in my size won't be ready til next week! Argh again!

Friday was a bit slower, decided that I'd relax in the morning and walk around in the afternoon. Went househunting with our agent, didn't really like any of them (too much money and a bit gaudy). Met up with Andrew at Clarke Quay and then we went and found some dinner.

Saturday morning Andrew went back down to the Ministry of Manpower to pick up his pass. I got a phonecall from him asking me to bring down his paperwork that he'd left behind. I walked it down to him, then we hopped on the train to Little India. Had a good look around, a lot of nice handicraft centres and tailors. Andrew wants to go back and get a suit made. We continued on to Sim Lim and I bought a mouse for my MacBook. Sim Lim is a shopping centre of about 7 levels with nothing but phones, computers and camera's, plus all the affiliated equipment required. Kept walking onwards and found ourselves in Bugis, and went to the Bugis Street Market. Its apparently the biggest street market in this part of Asia, and it probably had half of the population crammed into it! Its like a tight compacted market, similar to Paddy's in Sydney or Queen Victoria in Melbourne, but really long and very hot from all the people packed in. Had a look at the local plaza, bought a comic book....I mean "graphic novel".....then came back to the hotel and had a nap. Went and had a swim, then had dinner at the hawker centre.

Sunday morning we slept in, due to our sore feet from the day before. We went out for a walk at about lunch time, had lunch, then hopped on a train and got off at a random station, just to see what was there. The station we got off at was Paya Lebar, and there was an oldish mall that we explored, and a little street market. We hopped back on the train and got off again, this time at Lavender. Nothing really there but office blocks. Then we went to City Hall station and had a look at Raffles City SC. Andrew got 1kg bag of Peanut Butter M&Ms for work. Then we headed back home and I made char siu pork rice and sweet chilli chicken stirfry.

Andrew and Bunny at Paya Lebar

Andrew with ?Emperor? at Marina Square

Today I went to Funan Digitalife Mall and had a bit of a look. Its a bit like Sim Lim, but a bit nicer, a bit more expensive and not as many people. Then I went and had lunch with Andrew. Came back to the hotel and did the laundry. We just came back from dinner, and we had Indian from a restaurant under the  hotel, followed by an ice-cream in bread on Clarke Quay.

Talk to you soon,
Mandi

No comments:

Post a Comment